Thursday, 21 February 2013

GUEST POST : SARAH MURRAY ABOUT LONDON FASHION WEEK




Hi All
Today I have very special guest - journalist Sarah Murray.
We have meet on "Merabi" fashion event last year. 

Sarah attend to this year London Fashion Week and she would like to share with us how she spend day in London. 




Last Friday, I went to London Fashion Week. To say I was excited is an understatement, I was ecstatic! As a wannabe fashionista, attending London Fashion Week was my dream. I arrived in the morning and after posing for the obligatory photos by the sign outside Somerset House we entered the courtyard to be greeted by an array of a stylish mix of journalists, fashion students and bloggers, each one trying to ‘out-fashion’ the last. After celeb spotting (Made in Chelsea were filming on the first day of the festival) we popped backstage at the KTZ show. I was there to meet the LG Steam Team who make sure the garments are runway ready for the designers. Seeing the models surrounded by armies of assistants, hairdressers and make-up artists definitely gave me an appreciation for what they go through (although I’d have gladly swapped places if it meant wearing some of the gorgeous clothes on the catwalk!) After seeing the madness backstage during a show it was now time for me to watch one from the front!
Lining up for the Felder Felder show was almost like watching another fashion show with so many stylish people around me (yes, I did feel underdressed!) Inside, structured and quilted skirts, sheer shirts and velvet coats paraded down the runway in rich tones of green and wine with touches of black and beige. It was all over so quickly and soon the London based twins Annette and Daniela Felder were taking their well-deserved bow.
Rich colours and luxurious textures were echoed through the rest of the festival with structured skirts and suits featuring heavily in pastels, black and beige. Wine red was popular at Emilio de la Morena, Burberry Prorsum and Mulberry as well as Felder Felder. Pretty floral arrangements were added to outfits at Sister by Sibling and Eudon Choi and velvet is definitely making a comeback next season, paired with leather at Antipodium and quilted skirts at Felder Felder. Pops of primary colour brightened up dark outfits at sass & bide and PPQ.

Judging by what I saw, next season is definitely one to look forward to! Sarah attended London Fashion week courtesy of Appliances Online and LG.

Thank you Sarah for lovey post and I see you next week for a coffee ;) 

Martyna

5 comments:

twitter : @el_martina , Instagram: @elmartina